The Sanford Water District flushes its water mains twice a year to clear any build up of iron. The flushing is carried out between the hours of 10:00PM and 5:00AM so as to minimize any inconvenience that may be caused by the off color water during the flushing of the water mains. The Spring flushing program starts in April and ends in May. The Fall flushing program starts in October and ends in November.
Customers with questions about the flushing program should call the District Office at 324-2312.
The Fall program will begin on the evening of October 11th.
Streets listed below are intended to give a general idea of the area where flushing will occur, attached side streets will be flushed within the same time frame
- Springvale – Elm St, Barbara St, Pleasant St, Mill St, Railroad Ave, River St (Pleasant St to YMCA), Main St (Mill St to Gowen Park Dr), Prospect St
- Springvale – Main St (Prospect St to S Curve Rd), Oak St, Kirk St, Mousam St, Belaire Dr, Witham St
- Sanford – Main St (Gowen Park Dr to Summer St), River St, Front St, North St
- Sanford – Main St (Summer St to Washington St), High St, Bateman St, Bowdoin St, Grammar St, North Ave, Spruce St, June St, Shaw Rd, North St, Riverside Ave, Winter St, Cottage St, Charles St
October 31 – November 5:
- Sanford – Main St (Washington St to Lenox St), School St, Twombley Rd, Lebanon St, Roberts St, Kimball St, Berwick Rd, Sugar Hill Rd
- Sanford – Main St (Lenox St to Old Mill Rd), School St, Breton Ave, Schuler St, Milton Ave, Old Mill Rd, Grammar Rd, High St
- Sanford – Main St (Old Mill Rd to Rt 99), Westview Dr, Rt 4, Country Club Rd #2, Patriots Ln, Jagger Mill Rd, New Dam Rd, Airport Rd, Gatehouse Rd, Eagle Dr, Rt 99, Cyro Dr, Bernier Rd.