by the Friends of Downtown
There was some great competition among the 42 businesses and organizations that participated with scarecrows. We were blown away by all the creative entries. In the end, the judges declared a tie for first place, between the Oldtimers’ Shop’s rocking chair knitter and the Sanford Police Department’s selfie-ready display, pictured above. Second place went to the Sanford-Springvale YMCA, Rivers Run Hair Studio came in third, and fourth place went to Partners Bank. Fabulous job, everyone!
We received about 100 submissions to our Selfies With Sanford Scarecrows event and loved every one of them. Ten random winners were chosen to receive fun and uniquely Sanford prizes! Here is the list of our winners and the great folks who donated them!
- Andrea Pais – a private boat ride and Photo on Number One Pond during an event from the Maine Attraction Water Ski Show Team
- Cullen Pickering – a ride in a police cruiser in Sanford from the Sanford Maine Police Department
- Elsie Lawrence – throwing out the first pitch at a 2022 Sanford Mainers Game from our friends at the Sanford Mainers
- Regan Nason – a moment of fame, her selfie picture gets to be on the front page of the Sanford Springvale News (and pictured below)
- Shannon L’Herureux – a one month family membership to the Sanford-Springvale YMCA
- Jessey Stevens will join the Sanford City Council to lead the pledge, a moment of silence and read a poem or excerpt of your choice at a Council meeting. Thanks Mayor Anne-Marie Mastraccio for this fun idea
- Olivia and Elise Munroe – a private donut decorating party from Frannie’s Mini Donuts in Downtown Sanford
- Nicole Craft – a 1/2 bushel of apples from our very own local orchard, McDougal Orchards
- Rachel White – will enjoy eating around Sanford with $100 in local restaurant gift certificates
- David Parent – can do some Christmas shopping around Sanford with $100 in local retail gift certificates
This event will definitely be back next year! In the meantime, we are busy planning for the Holly Daze festivities. See you around, downtown!