Sanford Springvale News Banner

Copyright © 2024 – Sanford Springvale News – All rights reserved.


On Thursday, September 9, multiple units responded to a grease fire at the Springvale Publick House, 481 Main St. It was extinguished with minimal damage. The restaurant remained closed until the unit could be cleaned and inspected.

Other Incidents

On Friday, September 10, firefighters responded to a call on June St. for a car locked with keys and child inside. There were no life safety concerns, and the owner was assisted with opening. There was also a call during the week about a tree on a power line, two calls for smoke or odor removal, and a smoke scare.

Emergency Medical Services

On September 10, several units responded to a call for an unconscious man on the roof of a construction site on June St. The patient was treated in place and removed without additional incident. During the week there were a total of 54 calls for EMS. First aid was administered to 20 people, 26 received basic life support services and 21 received advance life support. (Some patients received more than one service.) 45 patients were transported to the hospital. The Department responded to two motor vehicle accidents with injuries, including one that was mutual aid to Lebanon, and three accidents with no injuries. Three invalids were assisted during the week.


Two citizen complaints were investigated. Both of them involved persons with a permitted, legal fire. There were two calls dispatched and cancelled en route, one of which was a mutual aid call to Kennebunk. There was one call on which no incident was found upon arrival. Six calls were false alarms, unintentional or malfunctioning alarms or smoke detectors.

Copyright © 2024 - Sanford Springvale News - All rights reserved. | CoverNews by AF themes.