This Week’s Public Notices: December 4, 2022
The City of Sanford Announces the Following 2023 Openings for Boards & Committees:
- The Airport Advisory Committee has three openings: two each for a three-year term for a Sanford resident who may or may not hold a pilot’s certificate, and one for a three-year term for a Person who may or may not be a resident and holds a valid pilot’s certificate and operates an aircraft that is based at the Sanford Regional Airport.
- The Planning Board has four openings, two each for a three-year term, one for a two-year term and one to fill an unexpired term for one year.
- The Board of Appeals has one opening for a three-year term.
- The Board of Assessment Review has one opening, for a three-year term.
- The Land Bank Commission has one opening for a five-year term.
- The Design Review Committee has two openings, each for a two-year term.
- The Sanford Housing Authority Board of Commissioners has two openings for members at large, each for a three-year term.
- The Recreation Advisory Board has six openings, each for a three-year term.
- The Trails Committee has four openings, each for a three-year term.
- A new Community Resilience Committee is being established to coordinate the community’s approach to increasing resilience to natural hazards and climate change impacts. The City is looking for five to seven members to serve two-year terms and will focus on coordination of planning, implementation, and monitoring of energy and resilience projects, with the committee as the primary point of contact to the State of Maine’s Community Resilience Partnership program.
Applications and committee descriptions are available by contacting the City Manager’s office at (207) 324-9173 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting the City’s website at www.sanfordmaine.org and looking under Government/Boards & Committees.
The deadline to submit applications is Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 5:30 PM. Appointments will be made January 3, 2023.
Please mail applications to: City of Sanford, Attn: Lorisa Ricketts, 919 Main Street, Sanford, ME 04073, or email to: email@example.com
Public Hearing Notice
Tuesday, December 20, 2022 6:00 PM
City Council Meeting
The Sanford City Council will open a public hearing to seek and receive comments on the following:
- An application submitted by Pine Tree Maine 2, LLC, 22 Smada Dr, Sanford, Maine, for a Renewal Adult Use Retail Cannabis Store License.
The hearing will be conducted in person in the Sanford City Council Chambers and via remote video & teleconference at 6:00 P.M. on the date above-referenced. Members of the public wishing to join the meeting by phone should dial 1 (929) 205-6099 and use the meeting ID & Password provided in the link on the City of Sanford website calendar for the meeting date listed above: (www.sanfordmaine.org).
Public comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in favor or against the requested license.
TDD/TTY users may call local TTY number or 711. If you are physically unable to access any of the City’s programs or services, please call Lorisa Ricketts at (207) 324-9173 so that accommodations can be made.
Date Posted: December 2, 2022
Susan H. Cote, City Clerk