This Week’s Public & Legal Notices: September 25, 2022
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that the Councilors of the City of Sanford will hold a public hearing at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, October 4, 2022 in person at City Hall Council Chambers, 919 Main Street, Third Floor, Sanford, Maine and via remote video and teleconference pursuant to 1 MRSA §403-B (2) (D) and section 6 of the Sanford City Council Rules of Procedure. The purpose of this public hearing is to disseminate information on a bond question and proposed amendments to the Sanford City Charter appearing on the November 8, 2022 Ballot.
The proposed amendments as they will appear on the ballot can be viewed by visiting the City of Sanford website at www.sanfordmaine.org and clicking on Public Notices. A hard copy of the ballot questions can be viewed in the City Clerk’s Office at Sanford City Hall, Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
Instructions for joining the meeting by in-person and remote methods are posted on the City’s website under Public Notices. The meeting will be broadcast on cable channel 26 and archived at https://townhallstreams.com/towns/sanfordme.
Public Hearing Notice
Tuesday, October 4, 2022 6:00 PM
City Council Meeting
The City Council will open a public hearing to seek and receive comments on the following:
- An application submitted by Pine Tree Maine 2 LLC, 22 Smada Dr, Sanford, Maine, for a NEW Adult Use Retail Cannabis Store License.
The hearing will be conducted in person in the Sanford City Council Chambers and via remote video & teleconference at 6:00 P.M. on the date above-referenced. Members of the public wishing to join the meeting by phone should dial 1 (929) 205-6099 and use the meeting ID & Password provided in the link on the City of Sanford website calendar for the meeting date listed above: (www.sanfordmaine.org).
Public comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in favor or against the requested license.
TDD/TTY users may call local TTY number or 711. If you are physically unable to access any of the City’s programs or services, please call Lorisa Ricketts at (207) 324-9173 so that accommodations can be made.
Date Posted: September 23, 2022
Susan H. Cote, City Clerk
NOTICE OF FOUR DANGEROUS BUILDING HEARINGS
CITY OF SANFORD, MAINE
Parties in Interest are hereby notified that the City Council of the City of Sanford, Maine will hold four dangerous building hearings on Tuesday, October 4, 2022 beginning at 6:00 p.m. in City Council Chambers, 919 Main Street, Sanford Maine and by remote methods, pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. § 403-B(2)(D) and Section 6 of the City Council Rules of Procedure. Video and teleconference remote login information to participate by remote methods will be published on the City website at www.sanfordmaine.org/meetings on and not necessarily before Saturday October 1, 2022.
- for 9 GROVE ST, this hearing is to determine whether 9 Grove Street, identified as Tax Map L26, Lot 41, and further described in a deed recorded in the York County Registry of Deeds at Book 19087, Page 84 is a dangerous building or a nuisance within the meaning of 17 M.R.S.A. §§ 2851-2859, and to determine what, if any, remedy is appropriate.
- for 10 LENOX ST, this hearing is to determine whether 10 Lenox Street, identified as Tax Map K34, Lot 9, and further described in a deed recorded in the York County Registry of Deeds at Book 18316, Page 671 and mortgage recorded at Book 18316, Page 674 is a dangerous building or a nuisance within the meaning of 17 M.R.S.A. §§ 2851-2859, and to determine what, if any, remedy is appropriate.
- for 23 RANKIN ST, this hearing is to determine whether 23 Rankin Street, identified as Tax Map R5A, Lot 18, and further described in a deed recorded in the York County Registry of Deeds at Book 2993, Page 185 and mortgage recorded at Book 14150, Page 856 is a dangerous building or a nuisance within the meaning of 17 M.R.S.A. §§ 2851-2859, and to determine what, if any, remedy is appropriate.
- for 88 LEBANON ST, This hearing is to determine whether 88 Lebanon Street, identified as Tax Map M28, Lot 36, and further described in a deed recorded in the York County Registry of Deeds at Book 16099, Page 675 and mortgage recorded at Book 16099, Page 677 is a dangerous building or a nuisance within the meaning of 17 M.R.S.A. §§ 2851-2859, and to determine what, if any, remedy is appropriate.
These hearings are a party in interest’s opportunity to present evidence as to why the property is not a dangerous building or a nuisance and to oppose or consent to any corrective action ordered by the City Council. Failure to attend may result in the waiver of certain rights with regard to this property.
If the City Council finds that the property is a dangerous building or a nuisance, it may order the nuisance to be immediately abated and the appropriate corrective action taken, including, but not limited to, removal and disposal of the building and securing of the property. If the nuisance is not abated and the ordered corrective action is not taken by the City Council’s order, and no appeal is taken, the City may abate the nuisance by taking the appropriate corrective action at the City’s expense. The City may recover all expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, by means of special tax or civil action.
Parties in interest can discuss this notice and attendance in the hearing with the Ian Houseal, Director of Community Development for the City of Sanford prior to the hearing at (207) 608-4101 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Notice of Petition for Termination of Parental Rights G.L. c. 210 §3
Docket No MI22A0894CW
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
The Trial Court – Probate and Family Court
Middlesex Probate and Family Court, 10-U Commerce Way, Woburn MA 01801 (781) 865-4000
In the matter of: Craig Robert Gardner
To: Any unknown or unnamed father, parent(s) of the above named child
* A putative father will not have standing as a party to this case without a voluntary acknowledgment of parentage or an adjudication of paternity.
A petition has been presented to said court by Adoptions with Love, Inc., Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464 representing that the parent(s) of the child lack(s) current ability, capacity, fitness and readiness to assume parental responsibility for the child; the the petitioner’s plan for the child will serve the child’s best interests; and, requesting that this Honorable Court enter a decree under the provisions of the General Laws of Massachusetts, Chapter 210, Section 3, that shall have the effect of terminating the rights of the person(s) named herein to receive notice of or to consent to any legal proceeding affecting the custody, guardianship, adoption or other disposition of the child named herein.
IF YOU DESIRE TO OBJECT THERETO, YOU OR YOUR ATTORNEY MUST FILE A WRITTEN APPEARANCE IN SAID COURT AT: Woburn
ON OR BEFORE TEN O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING (10:00 AM) ON: 10/06/2022
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO THE APPOINTMENT OF AN ATTORNEY IF YOU ARE AN INDIGENT PERSON. An indigent person is defined by SJC RULE 3:10. The definition includes but is not limited to persons receiving AFDC, EAEDC, poverty related veteran’s benefits, food stamps, refugee resettlement benefits, Medicaid, and SSI. The Court will determine if you are indigent. Contact an Assistant Judicial Case Manager/Adoptions Clerk of the Court on or before the date listed above to obtain the necessary forms.
WITNESS, Hon. Maureen H Monks, First Justice of this Court.
Date: August 8, 2022
(signed) Tara E. DeCristofaro, Register of Probate