The City of Sanford Announces the Following 2022 Openings for Boards & Committees:
- The Airport Advisory Committee has three openings: two each for a three year term for a York County resident who may or may not hold a pilot’s certificate, and one to fill an unexpired term ending 12/31/22 for a Person who holds a valid pilot’s certificate and who operates an aircraft that is based at the Sanford Regional Airport.
- The Budget Committee has four openings, each for a one year term.
- The Planning Board has one opening for a three year term.
- The Board of Appeals has one opening for a three year term.
- The Board of Assessment Review has five openings, each for a three year term.
- The Land Bank Commission has one opening for a five year term.
- The Sanford Housing Authority Board of Commissioners has two openings, each for a three year term. One opening is for a tenant representative and one opening is for a member at large.
Applications and committee descriptions are available by contacting the City Manager’s office at 324-9173 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting the City’s website at www.sanfordmaine.org and looking under Government/Boards & Committees.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, December 17, 2021 at 4:00 PM. Appointments will be made January 4, 2022.
Please mail applications to:
City of Sanford
Attn: Lorisa Ricketts
919 Main Street
Sanford, ME 04073
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Sanford City Council will hold a public hearing on November 9, 2021 at 6:00 PM on proposed amendments to Chapter 245 of the Sanford City Ordinances pertaining to unlawful parking and Impoundment.
See www.sanfordmaine.org/notices to view the proposed changes and to submit comments.
The hearing will be held via remote video and teleconference pursuant to 1 MRSA §403-B (2) (D) and section 6 of the Sanford City Council Rules of Procedure as amended and adopted August 3, 2021. Instructions for joining the meeting by remote methods will be posted November 5, 2021 on the City’s website at www.sanfordmaine.org/meetings. The meeting will be broadcast on cable channel 26 and archived at https://townhallstreams.com/towns/sanfordme.
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
The Sanford City Council will hold a public hearing by remote methods, November 9, 2021 on an ordinance amending the City Code, Chapter 116, Electrical Standards, to maintain conformity with the State’s adopted electrical code, the National Electric Code, 2020 edition. The Ordinance can be found at www.sanfordmaine.org/notices.
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
The Sanford City Council will hold a Public Hearing and receive written and oral comments at its November 9, 2021 meeting at 6 pm to:
1) Create a Residential Development Overlay Zone (RD Overlay) to allow a Utility Solar System as a Conditional Use, with the requirement that an application a) demonstrate a compact pattern of residential development is not economically feasible because of physical and natural features of the property, b) minimize impacts on exiting residential development/residential zones, c) comply with solar standards in the Rural Residential Zone, d) is not sited on property where public sewer and water can be extended to support a compact residential development, e) support efforts to protect the headwaters of Goodall Brook and vulnerable water bodies, and f) provide additional submission requirements for Major Site Plan review; and
2) Designate parcels L24-6, L25-33, R8-69A, and R8-69 as RD Overlay Zone.
The hearing may be held in person in Council Chambers at City Hall, 919 Main Street, Sanford, or via remote video and teleconference pursuant to 1 MRSA §403-B(2)(D) and Section 6 of the City Council Rules of Procedure as amended and adopted August 3, 2021, reflecting recommendation of the US CDC and adoption by Maine CDC pertaining to conduct of meetings in indoor public space. Instructions for joining the meeting by remote methods will be posted at www.sanfordmaine.org/meetings on November 5, 2021. The meeting will be broadcast on cable channel 26 and online at https://townhallstreams.com/towns/sanfordme. Comments may be submitted at www.sanfordmaine.org under Email City Departments/City Council. Questions may be directed to the Planning Office at 324-9150.
CARE AND PROTECTION, TERMINATION OF PARENTAL RIGHTS,
SUMMONS BY PUBLICATION, DOCKET NUMBER 20CP0259NE,
Trial Court of Massachusetts
Juvenile Court Department
COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
Bristol County Juvenile Court, 75 No. Sixth Street, New Bedford, MA 02740
TO: Any Unknown, Unnamed Father: A petition has been presented to this court by DCF (New Bedford), seeking, as to the following child, Joshua Pimental, Jr. that said child be found in need of care and protection and committed to the Department of Children and Families. The court may dispense the rights of the person(s) named herein to receive notice of or to consent to any legal proceeding affecting the adoption, custody, or guardianship or any other disposition of the child named herein, if it finds that the child is in need of care and protection and that the best interests of the child would be served by said disposition.
You are hereby ORDERED to appear in this court, at the court address set forth above, on the following date and time: 12/02/2021 at 09:00 AM Pre Trial Conference (CR/CV)
You may bring an attorney with you. If you have a right to an attorney and if the court determines that you are indigent, the court will appoint an attorney to represent you. If you fail to appear, the court may proceed on that date and any date thereafter with a trial on the merits of the petition and an adjudication of this matter.
For further information call the Office of the Clerk-Magistrate at 508-999-9700.
WITNESS: John S. Spinale, FIRST JUSTICE, Roger J. Oliveira, Clerk Magistrate, DATE ISSUED: 10/05/2021