Do You Want to Be a City Councilor?
Sanford City Council is looking for candidates to fill a vacancy on the City Council until the end of 2023. This vacancy occurred when Mayor Brink, formerly Councilor Brink, gave up her Council seat to take her position as Mayor pursuant to Section 212 of the Sanford City Charter. Under the Charter, the Council may choose to fill such a vacancy by appointment. The appointed Councilor will serve until the end of the year, at which point a candidate elected in November will take over the position. The appointed Councilor may choose to run for election to continue to serve in the position for the remainder of the vacant term, which runs through December 2024.
Candidates for the position of City Councilor must be qualified Voters in Sanford and shall have their principal place of residence in the City during their terms of office. No Councilor, including the Mayor, may hold any other paid office or position of employment with the City or School Department.
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest outlining their qualifications, experience and reasons for wishing to serve by February 28, 2023 to:
City of Sanford, Attn: Lorisa Ricketts, 919 Main Street, Sanford, ME 04073
Or email letter to: email@example.com.
Letters of interest will be reviewed by the Council’s Applications Committee, and selected Candidates will each meet with the full City Council for a public conversation on March 14. A vote on appointment to fill the vacancy will be taken at the regular City Council Meeting on March 21.
Public Hearing Notice
Tuesday, February 7, 2023 6:00 PM
City Council Meeting
The City Council will open a public hearing to seek and receive comments on the following:
- An application submitted by, Captains Cannabis LLC, 168 Country Club Rd, Unit E, Sanford, Maine, for a renewal Medical Cannabis Grower/Cultivator License.
- An application submitted by, Grown East LLC, 12 Smada Drive Unit A, Sanford, Maine, for a renewal Medical Cannabis Grower/Cultivator License.
- An application submitted by, High Noon Farms LLC, 12 Smada Drive, Unit A, Sanford, Maine, for a renewal Medical Cannabis Grower/Cultivator License.
- An application submitted by Westbrook Creek LLC, 72 Emery Street, Unit 405-1, Sanford, Maine, for a renewal Medical Cannabis Grower/Cultivator License.
- An application submitted by Westbrook Creek LLC, 72 Emery Street, Unit 405-2, Sanford, Maine, for a renewal Medical Cannabis Grower/Cultivator License.
The hearing will be conducted in person in the Sanford City Council Chambers and via remote video & teleconference at 6:00 P.M. on the date above-referenced. Members of the public wishing to join the meeting by phone should dial 1 (929) 205-6099 and use the meeting ID & Password provided in the link on the City of Sanford website calendar for the meeting date listed above: (www.sanfordmaine.org).
Public comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in favor or against the requested license.
TDD/TTY users may call local TTY number or 711. If you are physically unable to access any of the City’s programs or services, please call Lorisa Ricketts at (207) 324-9173 so that accommodations can be made.
Date Posted: January 27, 2023
Susan H. Cote, City Clerk
NOTICE OF DANGEROUS BUILDING HEARINGS MARCH 7, CITY OF SANFORD, MAINE
Parties in Interest are hereby notified that the City Council of the City of Sanford, Maine will hold dangerous building hearings on Tuesday, March 7, 2023 beginning at 6:00 p.m. in City Council Chambers, 919 Main Street, Sanford Maine and by remote methods, pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. § 403-B(2)(D) and Section 6 of the City Council Rules of Procedure. Video and teleconference remote login information to participate by remote methods will be published on the City website at www.sanfordmaine.org/meetings on and not necessarily before Saturday March 4, 2023.
- for 1 BOWDOIN CT, identified as Tax Map I29, Lot 70, and further described in a deed recorded in the York County Registry of Deeds at Book 10352, Page 246 and mortgage recorded at Book 10460, Page 192.
- for 1 WESTERN AVE, identified as Tax Map K34, Lot 38A, and further described in a deed recorded in the York County Registry of Deeds at Book 15394, Page 129 and mortgage recorded at Book 15394, Page 130.
- for 357 SAM ALLEN RD, identified as Tax Map R22, Lot 23A, and further described in a deed recorded in the York County Registry of Deeds at Book 15312, Page 838 and mortgage recorded at Book 15312, Page 840.
These hearings are to determine whether these properties are a dangerous building or a nuisance within the meaning of 17 M.R.S.A. §§ 2851-2859, and to determine what, if any, remedy is appropriate and are a party in interest’s opportunity to present evidence as to why these properties are not a dangerous building or a nuisance and to oppose or consent to any corrective action ordered by the City Council. A party in interest’s failure to attend these hearings may result in the waiver of certain rights with regard to this property.
If the City Council finds that the property is a dangerous building or a nuisance, it may order the nuisance to be immediately abated and the appropriate corrective action taken, including, but not limited to, removal and disposal of the building and securing of the property. If the nuisance is not abated and the ordered corrective action is not taken by the City Council’s order, and no appeal is taken, the City may abate the nuisance by taking the appropriate corrective action at the City’s expense. The City may recover all expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, by means of special tax or civil action.
Parties in interest can discuss attending the hearing and this notice with Ian Houseal, Director of Community Development for the City of Sanford prior to the hearing at (207) 608-4101 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.