Want to help Sanford be an even better place to live? Get involved and run for Mayor, City Council, School Committee, Trustee to Sanford Water or Sewer District!
Nomination Papers for municipal offices will be available in the City Clerk’s office beginning Friday, July 29, 2022. To qualify for municipal office, candidates must be registered voters with their principal place of residence in the City. They will need to obtain a minimum number of signatures of registered voters in Sanford/Springvale:
- For Mayor, City Council, and School Committee Members: 50 signatures of registered voters.
- For Trustee to Sanford Water or Sewer District: 25 signatures of registered voters.
Positions available are as follows:
- City Mayor: 1 position for a 2-year term
- Incumbent: Anne-Marie Mastraccio
- City Council Member: 2 positions for 3-year terms
- Incumbents: Robert Stackpole, Michael Termath
- School Committee Member: 2 positions for 3-year terms
- Incumbents: Jonathan Mapes, John Roux
- Trustee, Sanford Water District: 1 position for a 3-year term
- Incumbent: Roger Durant
- Trustee, Sanford Sewerage District: 2 positions for 3-year terms
- Incumbents: Kevin Eaton, Somnang Laurendeau
The deadline to file nomination papers for all offices is Thursday, September 8 at 4:30 p.m.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 8.
Questions regarding the nomination process can be answered by calling the City Clerk’s office at 207-324-9125 during normal business hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Subscribe to our twice-weekly email newsletter and never miss a story! Visit sanfordspringvalenews.com/subscribe/ to sign up.