Sanford Recreation’s Spartan Travel Boys 7th grade team fared well at the 23rd Annual Holiday Hoops Tournament this past weekend, winning the Championship. Coaches Cory Adams and Adam Cote were proud of the effort and determination by the boys on the team. Members of the team included: Bryce Adams, AJ Cote, Max Cote, Tyler Do, Jakobe Duprey, Liam Johnson, Noah Johnson, Braden Mowry, Michael Segien, and Mason Wayne. The team was able to win four straight games giving them the victory. Teams included Gorham, Yarmouth and a double win against Bonny Eagle. Congratulations to the entire team for their Championship win. The 6th and 8th grade teams went 2-1. The 4th/5th grade boys played hard in the 5th grade division but didn’t get a win. Girls play this week – good luck in the Tournament!
Comcast will soon begin construction of its infrastructure that will bring another option for cable TV providers to Sanford and Springvale residents. Construction is scheduled to begin on the following streets between January and March: Bauneg Beg Rd., Fall Rd., Foothill Ln., Fox Ridge Run, Jellerson Rd., Kruz Ln., Lebanon St., Lizotte Rd., Merrifield Ln., Mt. Hope Rd., Oak St., Philbrick Rd., Privet Dr. and Welch’s Ln. Services are typically available three months after construction begins. Keep an eye on this web page to see when your street is scheduled: https://www.welcome2xfinity.com/ConstructionSchedule?region=GBR&zip=04073.
The Trafton Center’s schedule for January has been posted, and they have a lot of fun activities planned, including games, exercise classes and social events. Not a member? Stop by today or call 457-0080 to join.
Most of the local snowmobile trails opened December 26. Southern Maine Sno-Goers ask that you PLEASE use caution on the trails as there is marginal snow coverage and some areas still have not frozen. Please report any issues to the club (https://www.facebook.com/southernmainesnogoers) so they can address them and PLEASE STAY ON THE MARKED TRAILS. The trails may be closed at any given time, with notice, if the conditions do not allow for safe operation.
- AIRPORT TRAIL – Open: No reported issues
- APACHE TRAIL – Open: No reported issues
- WIRE ROAD TRAIL – Opened up gates at Wire Rd. and Branch Brook December 29. Passable as long as you pay attention. The beavers are hard at work on the Wells end with water washing across the trail.
- CMP TRAIL – Closed: Large area of trail is not frozen over
- CARPENTER TRAIL – Open: No reported issues.
- HANSON’S RIDGE TRAIL – Open: No reported issues
- DOUBLE POLE LINE – Closed: Open water holes on both sides of the Mousam Bridge.
- SHAW’S RIDGE TRAILS – Open: Please stay on the marked trail and stay out of the fields near the Veterinary Clinic.
- PUB TRAIL – Open: No reported issues
- BROWN’S TRAIL – Open: No reported issues
- AIRPORT VARIETY TRAIL – Open: No reported issues
PLEASE NOTE: Trail conditions change daily based on the weather. This report should be used as a guide and may not report the actual trail conditions beyond the posted date. New Trail Maps are currently available for purchase at Robertson’s Power & Sports on Route 202 in Sanford and Big Boy’s Toy Box on Pleasant St. in Springvale, as well as at Shawn’s All Season Sports in Shapleigh.
Subscribe to our twice-weekly email newsletter and never miss a story! Visit sanfordspringvalenews.com/subscribe/ to sign up.