Since reopening a few months ago, Books ReVisited in Sanford has been really busy. So much so, that they would welcome any book donations! They also accept cds, dvds and puzzles. If you can donate books, please call Books Revisited at 490-1320. The store is located at 882 Main Street, and is open Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 10 to 4. They quarantine donations for 5 days, in adherence with CDC guidelines. Gardening books are half price for the month of April, and hardcover and trade paperback mysteries are 3 for $1. All proceeds from the store, which is volunteer-run, go to York County Shelter Programs.
The Sanford Water District flushes its water mains twice a year to clear any build up of iron. The flushing is carried out between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., so as to minimize any inconvenience that may be caused by the off-color water. The Spring flushing program begins this week. Check their website for the full schedule: http://www.sanfordwater.org/flushing.
The Covid-19 Vaccine Clinic in South Sanford has administered more than 15,000 first doses. Vaccinations are by appointment only. Go to http://mh.care/zp9250EkNtn or call 1-877-780-7545 to register for an appointment. Appointments will be scheduled in the order your call was received.
Monthly bean suppers at the Crossroads Methodist Church will return, beginning April 24.
Springvale Library is hosting “A Bad Vintage Virtual Murder Mystery” on Thursday, April 22 at 6:00 p.m. Here’s the story: The Grand Cru estate, situated on the fertile slopes of the Loire Valley in France, is a small family-run vineyard with considerable rustic charm and appeal. The owners of the estate, Max and Demi Liter, regularly host wine tasting evenings which allow their guests to sample the latest bottlings and place orders ahead of the big conglomerates. Unfortunately for the guests this evening, the vintage had more body than they were expecting. Max Liter has been discovered dead in a vat of wine. Up to 20 players have until April 19 to sign up. Character packets will be emailed on April 20. Click here to sign up or email Lesley at LUnger@springvalelibrary.org.
Sanford Recreation’s Virtual Easter Egg Hunt was a great success! The word scramble answer was KEEP MOVING and all entries solved it correctly. Winners were:
- Garrett Duchesneau – Backpack Gift Pack from Recreation
- Gavynn Duchesneau – McDonald’s Happy Meal Gift Certificate
- Grace Eaton – Dairy Queen Cupcake 4-Pack
- Lila Ellis – Warren’s Office Supply Craft Bucket
- Lily Ellis – 5 Smitty’s Movie Passes
- Sophie Grumann – Shain’s Gift Card
- Kayden Hartwell – Warren’s Office Supply Craft Bucket
- Chase King – 5 Smitty’s Movie Passes
- Emily King – Mountain View Golf Gift Certificate
- Parker King – 4 Rounds of Golf Cert. from Pine Hollow Par 3 Golf
- Tucker Knight – Dairy Queen Cupcake 4-Pack
- Chloe Montana – Frannie’s Mini Donuts 16-pack
- Ellis Noonan – Shain’s Gift Card
- Liliana Rock – McDonald’s Happy Meal
- Allison Theriault – Bowl-A-Rama Gift Certificate
- Eli Tibbetts – Backpack Gift Pack from Recreation
- Ruby Tibbetts – 5 Smitty’s Movie Passes
- Ellyssa Vance – Bowl-A-Rama Gift Certificate