The Sanford Veterans Memorial Committee has announced its schedule of Memorial Day activities for Monday, May 30, beginning with wreath laying ceremonies at cemeteries and other locations, and ending with a parade.
Committee members will gather at the downtown Dunkin’ Donuts at 6:45 a.m., and proceed by car to the following locations in this order, to lay wreaths. The public is invited to join them at any or all locations.
- Central Park, 920 Main St., 7:00 a.m.
- St. Ignatius Cemetery, Berwick Rd.
- Oakdale Cemetery, Twombley Rd.
- Soldiers and Sailors Park, Oxford St.
- Riverside Cemetery, Riverbank Ct., Springvale
- Notre Dame Cemetery, Pine St., Springvale
- Number One Pond, across from the National Guard Armory, 9:30 a.m. If it’s raining, this ceremony will instead be held at Veterans Memorial Gym.
The parade will begin from Number One Pond and proceed as follows:
- Down William Oscar Emery Dr. to the roundabout
- Up Gowen Park Dr. to Main St.
- Right on Main St. toward Springvale
- Ending at Walgreen’s parking lot
If it’s raining, the parade will not take place.