Library Corner: Goodall
Special Events and Programs:
Bucket Filler Bingo: All of December Pick up a Bingo sheet at the library. Each square gives you a simple act of kindness to do as a way to fill the happiness “buckets” of those around you. Get a bingo and earn a small, fun prize at the library. Fill the board and you can choose a charitable gift from a pre-selected list that the library will donate to a local organization in need on your behalf. All ages welcome to participate!
A Child’s Christmas at Goodall: Saturday 12/18 from 1:00pm – 3:00pm – For ages 5 and up and their families. Drop in to paint an ornament at the library, enjoy festive snacks and music, and listen to a holiday story. Holiday books and movies will be on display to check out as well.
Winter Reading Program: Starts Saturday 12/18 – Join the Goodall Library Winter Reading Program! Program runs from December 18th through February 26th. There is one challenge for ages 0 – 12 and another for ages 13 – adult. Track books you read on the free Beanstack app or track on paper, and earn prizes based on how much you read. Complete fun winter activities for additional prizes. Visit lbgoodall.beanstack.org or download the Beanstack app to sign up ahead of time.
Film Fridays: Every Friday in December – Pick out 1-2 DVDs to check out at the library any Friday in December and you will receive a free box of movie candy and a free bag of popcorn to go with them. No sign-ups required; no more online form. First come, first serve
Lego Club: Every Wednesday from 2:30pm – 4:30pm – Drop in any time and build Lego creations with others. Display your creation for the week in the Children’s Room. Recommended for ages 5 – 12.
Baby/Toddler Rhyme Time: Every Thursday from 10:30am – 11:00am – For ages 0 – 3. Children and their caregivers will sing songs, listen to a story or two, and do some simple, fun activities to work on sensory development and socialization.
Pre-K Story Time: Every Thursday from 11:00am – 11:45am – For ages 3 – 6. Children and caregivers will listen to two stories, do a simple craft related to the stories, and meet and play with new friends. Related books also available for checkout.
- Masks are currently required to enter the library.
- We are switching to the Minerva library catalog system soon, which means we will be able to get you even more materials even faster from all over the state of Maine.
- We have mobile hotspots available for checkout if you need internet access at home
- We have sleds available for checkout once it starts snowing if you don’t have your own.
- Library merchandise is in stock and for sale at the library. Sweatshirts, kids shirts, stickers, water bottles, canvas bags, and more are available and make the perfect Christmas gifts while also helping our library’s fundraising efforts.
- We have free park and museum passes available, including to Strawbery Banke in Portsmouth, NH.
- We have public computers and kids’ iPads available for use, and also offer printing, scanning, and fax services.
- The library will be closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day (12/24, 12/25, and 1/1) so staff can enjoy the holidays at home with their families.
Adult Fiction: A Christmas Courtship (The Berlin Bookmobile series) by Shelley Shepard Gray
Adult Nonfiction: E.R. Nurses (large print) by James Patterson and Matt Eversmann
Young Adult Fiction: Between You, Me, and the Honeybees by Amelia Diane Coombs
Children’s Fiction: Hello, Hanukkah (a board book) by Susan S. Novich
Children’s Nonfiction: Snowplows by Nancy Dickmann