By Goodall Library staff
The library will be closed on Monday June 20th in honor of the Juneteenth holiday.
You can pick up free Clynk bags here at the library as part of our fundraising campaign. Fill up your recycling like normal, bring it to your local Clynk station, and the library will receive the change.
We now offer two birding backpacks you can check out with your library card, courtesy of the Audubon Society of York County. Each backpack comes with binoculars, trail maps, various bird watching guidebooks, a notebook and writing utensils, and more.
A reminder that you can also check out puzzles with your library card, varying in size from 50 pieces to 1000 pieces.
Our free museum passes are in full swing for the summer season – simply stop by the library to inquire about availability for visiting the many parks and museums we’ve partnered with.
The Children’s Room has some great new board games and card games available for use inside the library. We ask that you please teach young patrons to be respectful and to make sure all pieces are back in the box before games are put back on the shelf; it would help us immensely.
Upcoming Programs & Events:
Goodall Library’s Summer Reading Program: Oceans of Possibilities kicks off on June 21st and goes until August 13th!
- Registration runs from June 1st – June 21st. You can officially start logging books and earning prizes when the challenge officially begins on June 21st.
- Pick up a welcome kit (for kids) or information packet (for adults) in the front lobby to get details on how to register, how to use the free Beanstack app to easily log everyone’s reading, etc.
- Kids will earn fun prizes as they go, including free books, and adults will earn raffle tickets to enter toward either a “lobster dinner for two” basket or a local gift card basket.
- There is a great list of all our summer reading events in the welcome kit so you can plan ahead. Many feature live sea animals! Anything that requires sign-ups can be registered for at any time on a rolling basis; first come first serve.
- At the end of the summer, families can enjoy our Summer Reading End Celebration at the Springvale Rec Area (Holdsworth Park) on Saturday August 13th. Prizes will be given to the top 3 readers overall, there will be free food, and of course there is a great swimming area to enjoy for the afternoon as well. We are looking for volunteers to do kids’ face painting at this event, so please reach out to us if you are interested – we will buy all the supplies, we just need your artistic expertise!
There will be a Puzzle Exchange hosted in the library’s Community Room on Wednesday June 15th from 5:30pm – 7:00pm. Bring your puzzles from home (no missing pieces or pet hair please) and trade them for free with others to get some fresh designs.
On Thursday June 16th at 11:00am, we will have a special guest hosting our regular story time – Miss Kathleen formerly of York Library! She will have multiple books, puppets, and take-home crafts to share with your little ones, so be sure not to miss it (recommended for ages 3 – 6, though older children are also welcome).
To kick off Summer Reading, there will be an Ocean Life Activity Stations program on Tuesday June 21st from 11:00am – 12:00pm (recommended for ages 4 – 10). No sign ups required, though if a large number attend some materials may have to be shared. A volunteer from the Seacoast Science Center will be coming to share live sea animal touch bins, ocean crafts, a seaweed sensory station, and some fun educational info.
Parents and caregivers, please note that there will be no Baby/Toddler Rhyme Time on June 16th and June 23rd. Thank you for your understanding.
Curious about other upcoming events? Pick up a June flyer at the library or follow our Facebook or Instagram pages (@lbgoodall) for the latest info!