Sanford Springvale News Banner

Copyright © 2024 – Sanford Springvale News – All rights reserved.


Sanford firefighters provided mutual aid to Lebanon for a building fire on March 4. Three units responded. On March 10, a fire on top of a kitchen stove on Jellerson Rd. brought five units to the rescue. Fortunately, it was confined to the container. Three reported fires turned out to be authorized controlled burning, while two others were unauthorized. There was one call classified as a smoke scare or odor of smoke.

Other Incidents

Gas & oil: On March 2, Engine 1 was called to a leaking oil tank on Pine St. A smell of propane was reported on Main St. March 5, but no leak was located. On the 15th, another call for a propane smell resulted in the discovery of an outdoor leak.

Electrical: March 8, trees fell onto intact wires and blocked a resident from leaving their home on Jagger Mill Rd. Ladder 1 responded. On March 13, the Department responded to a Main St. business where damage to the building involving the electrical system was reported. Firefighters responded to three other calls for downed power lines during the period.

Carbon Monoxide: A carbon monoxide alarm brought firefighters to a home on Mt. Hope Rd. on March 9. The deadly gas had entered the home from the garage. The following day, another CO alarm sounded on Old Post Rd., but was determined to be due to a faulty detector.

Public Service: Engine 4 responded to a home on Javica Ln. on the evening of March 8, for a water pump alarm.


There were 119 calls for Emergency Medical Services during the period. Forty individuals were given first aid, 65 received basic life support and 32 received advanced life support. 95 people were transported to hospitals. Assistance was given to eight invalids. The Department responded to two motor vehicle accidents with injuries, and twelve with no injuries.


Two calls were dispatched and cancelled en route. There were four calls where no incident was found upon arrival. Five smoke detector activations were determined to be unintentional or the result of a malfunction.

Subscribe to our twice-weekly email newsletter and never miss a story! Visit to sign up.

Copyright © 2024 - Sanford Springvale News - All rights reserved. | CoverNews by AF themes.