Sanford Springvale News Banner

Copyright © 2024 – Sanford Springvale News – All rights reserved.


In the early morning hours of February 2, Sanford firefighters responded to a car fire on Avon St. near a building. The fire was fortunately confined to the vehicle. The following day, five units responded to an electrical fire at a mobile home on High St. The power was isolated and there were no injuries or major damage. The Department responded with mutual aid to Lebanon on February 6, as they were battling a chimney fire. One call was for unauthorized burning on Malcolm Ave.

Other Incidents

There was a carbon monoxide incident on February 5 when gasoline-powered equipment was run inside a garage resulting in CO entering a building. The area was ventilated until CO levels were restored to zero. Other incidents during the period included a gas leak and an oil or other combustible liquid spill. There was one HazMat investigation. There was one call for a downed power line, and another for arcing electrical equipment. Public service was provided on three occasions, no details given.

Emergency Medical Services

As always, EMS calls made up the bulk of the workload for the Department. A total of 103 EMS calls resulted in 35 persons receiving first aid, 53 receiving basic life support and 28 advanced life support. 80 people were transported to hospitals. Paramedics responded to two motor vehicle accidents with injuries and eight without injuries. Seven invalids were given assistance.


There were five calls dispatched and cancelled en route. An additional five calls had no incident found upon arrival. One false alarm, and seven calls due to system malfunction or unintentional activation were recorded.

Subscribe to our twice-weekly email newsletter and never miss a story! Visit to sign up.

Copyright © 2024 - Sanford Springvale News - All rights reserved. | CoverNews by AF themes.