Sanford Springvale News Banner

Copyright © 2024 – Sanford Springvale News – All rights reserved.

For the week ending 6/12/21

Sanford Fire Department’s Engine 4 responded to a fire on Sherburne St. June 6. The cause was homemade candles left burning unattended, which smoked and set off an alarm. Firefighters had to force entry into the apartment to extinguish the blaze and prevent a larger incident. Fortunately, no one was injured or displaced.

A mulch fire on Main St. on June 7 was extinguished with a water extinguisher. On June 9, a heavy equipment fire on New Dam Rd. was already out when firefighters arrived.

A carbon monoxide incident this week was the result of a furnace malfunction.  Thanks to a quick notification of the problem and quick response, there were no injuries.  The Department responded with all units as if it were a fire because of the visible smoke, but quickly backed down the response to match the situation.  The elevated carbon monoxide in the home was cleared out with fans.

 In other calls this week, an outdoor fire was reported, but it was found to be legal and permitted.

The Department responded to one motor vehicle accident with injuries, and one without injuries, and assisted the Police Department on another call. There were 60 other calls for Emergency Medical Services during the week, and one to assist an invalid. SFD also provided public service at a vaccine clinic.

Four fire alarm activations, two smoke detector activations, and one sprinkler activation were all unintentional. There were also a carbon monoxide detector activation due to a malfunction.

There were two calls dispatched and cancelled en route, and two where no incident was found upon arrival.

Subscribe to our twice-weekly email newsletter and never miss a story! Visit sanfordspringvalenews.com/subscribe/ to sign up.

Copyright © 2024 - Sanford Springvale News - All rights reserved. | CoverNews by AF themes.