Sanford Springvale News Banner

Copyright © 2024 – Sanford Springvale News – All rights reserved.

There were no fires this week.

Other incidents: On Sunday, July 18, a faulty electrical appliance on Shawmut Ave. caused excessive heat and scorching, but fortunately, it did not ignite. Engines 1 and 2 and four other units responded. Also that day, a tree fell between two houses on Jackson St. but did not hit power lines, and there were no injuries.

Public service: On Monday, July 19, a gas smell was reported in an apartment on Hammond St. No gas leak was detected when firefighters arrived. On Saturday the 24th, the Department was called about a dog on a roof on Main St. The pooch was rescued by the crew of Ladder 1 and secured in the house. By the time they got back outside, the wily dog had managed to get out again and back on the roof by pushing through a screen. Firefighters then found and closed the open window, foiling any further canine escapades, and notified the owner.

EMS: There were 57 calls for Emergency Medical Services during the week. The Department also responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries. Two invalids required assistance.

Other: There were two calls cancelled en route, and four unintentional alarm activations.

Copyright © 2024 - Sanford Springvale News - All rights reserved. | CoverNews by AF themes.