Fires: On July 13, Engine 5 responded to an unattended brush fire on Lefrancois Ln. The blaze covered about 100 square feet and was quickly brought under control. On July 17, the Department provided mutual aid to Lebanon for a structure fire.
Other incidents: On Sunday, July 11, Sanford firefighters responded to a transmission fluid spill on Alfred Rd. The following day, a refrigerant leak from a rooftop HVAC unit on William Oscar Emery Dr. was investigated by crews on Engine 1 and Ladder 2, no hazard to the inside of the building was found. On Thursday, July 15, two vehicles responded to a smoking elevator motor on Water St. Two calls for downed power lines were also addressed.
EMS: There were 57 calls for emergency medical services during the week, plus a motor vehicle accident with injuries. EMS personnel provided assistance to three invalids as well.
Public service: On July 12, the Department assisted a Main St. homeowner with a fuel spill related to repairs. On another call, a smoke odor was investigated. Firefighters also responded to two downed trees, one on July 14 on Reed St., the other, which was blocking the street, on July 17 on Mount Hope Rd. One resident was assisted with a lock out. Also last week, the Department was called for a person stuck in an elevator. The individual didn’t realize the elevator had two doors.
Other: There were eight responses for smoke, fire or carbon monoxide detectors that were either malfunctioning or unintentional, and one unintentional sprinkler activation. Two calls were dispatched and cancelled en route. On two calls, no incident was found upon arrival at the location.