Sanford Springvale News Banner

Copyright © 2024 – Sanford Springvale News – All rights reserved.

Fire Department Log: August 22 – September 4


A car fire reported on August 29 was investigated and found to be smoking, but no fire was detected. Firefighters provided mutual aid on August 26, staffing the Biddeford Fire station while that department responded to a fire.

On September 4, firefighters provided public service to a resident of Winter St. who asked them to check if their grill, which had been on fire, was out. (It was.) That same day, a report of a fire on Webster St. turned out to be legal and permitted.

Other Incidents

On August 23, firefighters responded to a report of wires in a roadway. That same day, the Department was called to Weaver Dr. about a tree limb that was contacting a primary power line and creating some smoke. Firefighters secured the areas and contacted Central Maine Power to correct the situations. Another call during this two-week period was for arcing/shorted electrical equipment.

An August 27 HazMat call to Bodwell St. was due to an accidental mixture of household cleaners, which caused an odor and resulted in a cough. No persons were transported to hospital. The residence was ventilated and the occupants educated. On another occasion, the Department assisted with smoke/odor removal.

 On August 29, a propane leak on Country Club Rd. was investigated. There was an odor outside, but no propane was detected. That same day, a resident of Riverside Ave. with a leaking sink was advised not to use it and to call a plumber.

Emergency Medical Services

During the two-week period, EMS personnel responded to 117 calls, plus a motor vehicle accident with injuries, and another without injuries. First aid was provided 29 times, 55 persons received basic life support, and 41 received advanced life support. 92 were transported to hospitals. Six invalids were assisted.

On one occasion, Fire Department personnel assisted the Police Department in helping a person into a vehicle.

Other Calls

Three calls were dispatched and cancelled en route. Four calls resulted in no incident found upon arrival. There were 11 instances of alarms, smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors activated either unintentionally, or due to malfunction.

Copyright © 2024 - Sanford Springvale News - All rights reserved. | CoverNews by AF themes.