Nomination papers for anyone seeking to run for municipal office will be available at the City Clerk’s office beginning Friday, July 24.
- Mayor – 2 year term (Mayor Tom Cote is term limited)
- City Councilor – (2) 3 year terms, currently held by Maura Herlihy and Joseph Hanslip
- School Committee – (2) 3 year terms, currently held by Emily Sheffield and Kendra Williams
- Sanford Water District Trustee – 3 year term, currently held by Roland Cote
- Sanford Sewer District Trustee – (2) 3 year terms, currently held by Nathaniel Hitchcock and Keith Patterson
In order to qualify for municipal office, candidates must be registered voters, with their principal place of residence in Sanford/Springvale. They will need to obtain the signatures of 50 registered voters who are also city residents, except for the Water and Sewer District Trustee candidates, who need 25 signatures.
Nomination papers must be returned to the City Clerk’s office by 4 p.m. on Thursday, September 3. The office will actually be closing at 3 p.m. on that day to process the paperwork, but prospective candidates can call the office at 324-9115 if they have papers to file after 3 p.m.
The election will be held Tuesday, November 3.