Compiled by Zendelle Bouchard
Monday, August 7
Kids Free to Grow: Nurturing Parenting (Infants through Preschoolers), 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. on Zoom. Weekly through September 25. Email email@example.com to register.
Tuesday, August 8
Municipal Operations and Property Subcommittee, 8:30 a.m. on Zoom. The agenda includes discussion of consolidating voting to one location, converting Gowen Park tennis courts to mostly pickleball, and other items.
Public Safety Subcommittee, 11:00 a.m. on Zoom. The agenda includes review of the proposed Community Paramedicine Program, police staffing of the Mental Health Unit, and other items.
Red Cross Blood Drive, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Nasson Community Center, 457 Main St.
Zoning Subcommittee, 1:00 p.m. on Zoom. The agenda includes discussion on the proposed ordinance regulating the use of RVs as temporary living quarters.
Student Sports Physicals, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m., Sanford High School, 100 Alumni Blvd.
Matthew Meal, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m., St. Thomas School, 69 North Ave. Free pasta dinner, hosted by the youth of St. Thérèse of Lisieux Parish. Open to all.
National Night Out, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Central Park, 920 Main St. Hosted by the Sanford Police Department. Free hamburgers and hotdogs, music, dunk tank, first responder vehicles on display and more. Bring the whole family!
Wednesday, August 9
Land Bank Authority, 8:45 a.m. on Zoom. The agenda includes review of property maintenance and housing concerns.
Kids Free to Grow: Nurturing Parenting (birth through young adult), 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. on Zoom. Weekly through September 20. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Fire Station Feasibility Working Group, 11:00 a.m. on Zoom. The agenda includes introduction to the architectural design team for the new fire station.
Friends of Downtown Biweekly Meeting, 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Family Movie Night, 5:00 p.m., Goodall Library, 952 Main St. Showing The Super Mario Bros. Movie. Free popcorn and juice. No sign-ups needed.
Design Review Committee, 6:00 p.m. on Zoom. The agenda includes a request by St. Thérèse Parish to add an accessory structure for temporary storage for the Church’s food bank and a proposal for a new front door for Launderite Cleaners.
Thursday, August 10
Nasson Health Care Patient Appreciation, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., and Community Open House and tour, noon – 2:00 p.m., 15 Oak St. Light refreshments, giveaways and prize raffle.
Senior Food Mobile, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m., Crossroads United Methodist Church, 15 Grammar Rd. For anyone over 60 years old in need of food assistance: produce for all, commodities for those who meet income eligibility requirements.
Friday, August 11
22nd Annual Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament, Province Lake Golf Course, Parsonsfield.
Salvation Army Produce Pantry 10:00 – noon and Staple Food Distribution, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., 871 Main St.
Music on the Patio: Sanford Opera, noon – 1:00 p.m., Springvale Public Library, 443 Main St.
Art Walk, 4:00 – 7:00 p.m., 900 block of Main St. Organized by Sanford Arts Commission. Come out to support local artists and connect with art enthusiasts in our community!
Saturday, August 12
Bike Fest 2023, 8:00 a.m. – noon, Sanford Middle School, 52 Spartan Drive. Bike and helmet decorated and bike safety rodeo from 8:00 to 9:00, group ride from 9:00 to 10:00, games and fun from 10:00 to noon. Please bring your own bike and helmet. Rain date August 13.
St. George’s Jumble Sale, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., St. George’s Episcopal Church, 3 Emerson St.
Church and Friends Yard Sale, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., CrossRoads United Methodist Church, 16 Grammar Rd.
Operation Screaming Engle Veterans & Youth Fundraiser, 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Sanford Airport, 9 Presidential Lane. Food vendors, music, touch a plane, live auction, US Border Patrol and more. Rain date August 13.
Cedar Mountain Bluegrass Concert, 7:30 p.m., Sanford-Springvale Historical Museum, 505 Main St. Tickets $20 for ages 18+, children free. To reserve tickets, call 207-651-7493.
And Every Week:
- Sanford Food Pantry, Mondays 10:00 a.m. – noon, 1204 Main St.
- Bingo, Sanford Elks Lodge, 13 Elm St., Tuesdays. Doors open at 4:00 p.m. and games start at 6:00. Must be 18 with photo ID to play.
- Wednesday Night Bite, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m., Curtis Lake Church, 38 Westview Dr. Free community meal, open to all.
- St. Thérèse of Lisieux Food Bank, Thursdays noon – 2:00 p.m., St. Ignatius Gym, 25 Riverside Ave.
- SCAE Job Fair Thursdays 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. through 8/24. 668 Main St.
- Community Food Distribution by Sanford Backpack Program. Thursdays 3:00 – 5:30 p.m. for the summer. Two locations: Willard Building and Sanford High School. Farm fresh produce and other items.
- Free Community Meal, Thursdays 5:00 p.m., New Beginnings Christian Church, 181 Grammar Rd.
- Southern Maine Agency on Aging Medicare help, Fridays 12:30 – 3:30 p.m., Goodall Library, 952 Main St.
- Summer Yoga, Saturdays 8:00 – 9:00 a.m., Pilot’s Cove Café, 199 Airport Rd. No fee or registration needed. Bring your mat and water.
- Farmer’s Market, Saturdays 8:00 – noon through October, Central Park, 920 Main St.
- Site Plan Review Committee, 8/15
- City Council, 8/15
- Mousam Way Land Trust presentation, 8/16 at Springvale Library
- Planning Board, 8/16
- Rebuilding Our Community After a Pandemic, 8/17 at Trafton Center
- Music on the Patio: Katherine Moller, 8/18 at Springvale Library
- Springvale Community Cookout, 8/18 at Pleasant Street FBC
- Sanford Opera: The Three Bears, 8/18 and 8/19 at Sanford-Springvale Historical Museum
- Kid’s Paint Night, 8/18 at YMCA
- Sanford Soccer fall season begins 8/19
- Super Nova Wrestling: Feeding Frenzy, 8/19 at Memorial Gym
- Orchard Party, 8/19 at McDougal Orchards
- SSYAA Field Hockey Draft for grades 3-6, 8/19
- Corner Cupboard, 8/19 at Unitarian Universalist Church
- Ride 4 Mercy, 8/19 at Mercy Chapel