A Family for ME is a non-profit organization partnership between Spurwink Services and the Maine Department of Health and Human Services. Their primary goal is to increase the number of available foster and adoptive families for the children in Maine. A Family for ME believes that every child deserves a safe and loving family environment to thrive. They are hosting a Virtual Open House on Tuesday, September 13 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Zoom. Foster and adoptive parents will be joining professionals to answer your questions about the different ways to provide care for teenagers, including respite and emergency care. If you’ve ever considered foster care or adoption, this is a great opportunity to learn more and meet members of the community.
- Learn about the foster parent licensing process
- Explore the various ways to provide care and support to Maine youth
- Discover what resources are available for teens and their caregivers
- Hear positive feedback about parenting older youth
- Meet current foster and adoptive parents